To begin with, you are joyous that you now have a spacious house and a big yard. Days afterward, you become ill but at first you ignore the condition. Nevertheless, your family members also suffer from the same disease too. Now you suspect that the house could be causing the condition. Go on reading here so you can learn some smart ways to stay away from diseases that may come from your house.
You should check whether either the air or water you are taking is contaminated. Beware breathing air containing toxins since it may result in severe respirator issues. Unluckily, breathing is compulsory within your property so you can expect the contaminated air to make you ill. Some of the major sources of air contamination include radon, carbon-monoxide and second-hand smoke. You should also be more thorough in searching your house for live sources emitting radiations that could make you even more ill. You need to ensure that you have air quality test conducted at your place to determine whether there could be a source of contamination making you ill.
Check out whether your water is filthy in case you are suffering from gastrointestinal issues. Diarrhea and stomach ache are some of the symptoms you are taking water with chemicals and bacteria. Despite that residential consumption water is often cleaned, mistakes often occurs leading to contaminated water flowing into taps. If your residence gets its water from a well, you will need to check out whether something could have contaminated the water.
Dust and molds are some critical causes of diseases especially when you are repairing your residence. Your lungs are likely to suffer if dust and molds that has accumulated over the years is disturbed during renovation. Your property may have dust and dried up molds attached on the wall after a flood When you are scrubbing the wall, the mold dust is blown up into the air and causes severe irritation in your respiratory system. Black mold particularly results in severe irritation of lungs.
You should ensure that contaminants like lead are checked to prevent since they are potential source of human diseases. Lead may originate from old paint, particularly if you are moving to an old house. Although paint manufacturers refrain from putting lead and other severe toxins in the paint today, you may not be completely safe since your house may have been painted before the regulation was implemented.
Your health complications may also arise from asbestos roofing. Many years back, Asbestos was widely used as an insulator. However, Asbestos is now rarely licensed since it causes health issues like cancer. However, you will need to ensure that your house is actually not roofed with this poisonous material.